Tuesday, December 20, 2011

The 9th MAY... LET GO,GIVE UP, GIVE OVER,

give upImage by abradyb via Flickr



Whenever I began the 12 Mays of Christmas, I knew it would mean I would have to discipline myself to publish a blog for 12 days straight and at a really hectic time of year. I chose to do this similarly to last year when I offered 12 different ways to make a difference on the 12 Days Before Christmas because I really do like to write, I can use the writing "discipline" and it gets me fired up for what is in store for me in the coming year.

You see, I really do want to write more, post more blogs, read more blogs, comment on more and become more involved in this passion. When I must write regularly at first it seems like a daunting task but once I begin and continue, like most things, it becomes easier and I find it less difficult than I imagined. I guess it is much like the "do something for 21 days and it becomes a habit" type of thing.

One thing I am certain of is in order to effectively write, read and comment more, I will have to discipline myself to eliminating the distractions or diversions that negatively affect me reaching my goal. A lot of what we want to do in life is often derailed by distractions or activities that pull us in ways we might not really want to go. This includes people who often sabotage our attempts to change circumstances because it means they may have to change as well and not be able to rely on our specific responses as they once did.
People will often criticize your efforts to create change out of jealousy or fear that they may have to get comfortable with the "new you". You may have an idea or plan or goal that requires you to be more focused and to rearrange your priorities. It's often harder for those who must accept the changed person than it is on the person who wants to create something different for his or her life.
 Give UpImage by MikeRastiello via Flickr
You will need a strong will and determined spirit to pursue the life you want. You may have to give in to your needs and give up some of the things or people who consistently offer nothing positive towards achieving them. You may have to take some serious inventory of your life and determine what and who you really want to have in it and then begin to sever the ties with whatever or whoever prevents you from moving on. It may be something as simple as rearranging your schedule or something more dramatic like cutting ties with the negative individuals who offer nothing but obstacles. Seriously look at what and who takes your time, resources, energy and emotions and determine if you want to keep them or give them up. Sometimes you make the best choice when you give up the situations or individuals who consistently cause you stress and demand unreasonable expectations of you. 


Sometimes you have to let go in order to hang on.

So. on this 9th May of Christmas...perhaps you MAY want to decide what or who you must give up what or who holds you back, who or what limits your progress or even frustrates your future. 

Let goImage by Brandon Doran via FlickrMAY YOU GIVE UP WHAT IS NOT WORTH SAVING AND GIVE OVER TO GOD WHAT YOU REALLY HOPE TO ACHIEVE. 
MAY YOU LET GO OF WHATEVER YOU NEED TO IN ORDER TO HANG ON TO WHAT REALLY MATTERS.

Commit to the Lord whatever you do and your plans will succeed. Proverbs 16:3

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

TWEET THIS BLOG

Blog Archive