Monday, February 1, 2010

Ground Hog's Day...the Right Way!

In my home town of Pittsburgh, PA, tomorrow is that infamous day when a hibernating animal calls the shots for a benevolent spring or another six weeks of scraping ice off of windshields or putting on boots just to get to the mailbox. In the town of Punxsutawney,PA, Phil is King.

I wonder how many of us feel like we are repeating the same day over and over again, like Bill Murray did in the movie, GROUNDHOGS DAY. Do we allow the routine of each day to blur into weeks, months and even years of "sameness". Bill went from the frustration and monotony each day caused as a "left over" to seeing the advantage in getting "do-overs". He was able to change a poor performance or less than affable attitude on the previous day when the new "same day" rolled around.

Sometimes I don't realize that I can "do-over" a lot of my undesirable performances as well. But I get a chance to start fresh each day, when my feet hit the floor. No matter how ugly the previous day might have been. I don't have to relive it over and over if I choose not to.

What about you? Is there a day you wish you could "do-over?" Isn't it great that we can?

MAKE ONE DIFFERENCE TOMORROW...GIVE SOMEONE THE BENEFIT OF A "DO-OVER"

No comments:

Post a Comment

TWEET THIS BLOG

Blog Archive