Monday, August 1, 2011

10 THINGS

I am a list maker. There it's out there for everyone to know.  I make shopping lists, to-do lists, lists of people I want to contact, lists for blog posts. It's just one aspect that helps me recall what I need to remember, buy, do or compose.Some people would easily know I was a list maker but might not know other things about me, so here goes. Here is the official 10 Things List(s) .


Mary Chapin Carpenter, Bottom Line NYCImage via Wikipedia 
TEN THINGS YOU MIGHT NOT KNOW ABOUT ME
1) I know most of the lyrics to all of Mary Chapin Carpenter's songs and sing them in my car(a lot)


2) I love rodeos...taking a risk for 8 seconds seems worth it to me and the meaner the bull the better.
Some horses are chosen for use in rodeos, due ...Image via Wikipedia


3) I can spend hours in second hand furniture, consignment or architectural salvage shops.


4) I don't travel without a bag loaded with reading material.


5) I took my first piano lesson at age 26.


6) I can't swim.                                                           
Swim at your own riskImage by toddwshaffer via Flickr


7) I can say, "Come and Eat" in Slovenian.


8) I believe a house is not a home unless it has a huge porch for some good conversation.

Victorian          Image by pirate johnny via Flickr
9) I really did marry my best friend


10) I have been the recipient of several miracles...really ask me!


Oh...and I am a list maker and I think this 10 Things list is a good idea when a mind is too tired to be more inspirational and readers are too busy to really get deep in thoughts. But, I might like your help in developing other 10 THINGS lists, so what do you think? 10 THINGS I SHOULD HAVE DONE,10 PEOPLE I WISH I COULD HAVE LUNCH WITH? 10 THINGS I WISH I WOULD'VE SAID, 10 THINGS I LEARNED FROM A CHILD, 10 JOBS I WISH I COULD HAVE DONE...let me know and by the way.


What are 10 THINGS I don't know about you? Come on...just go with it.

5 comments:

  1. 1. I make cards by hand, for hours.
    2. My biggest life interruption or God's intervention is happening right now.
    3. When I was 14, my favorite singer was Andy Williams.
    4. I loved Peter Tork from the group, the Monkees.
    5. I so enjoy singing Jesus Loves Me with my grand daughter while rocking her.
    6. I will do almost anything to stall cleaning the house (as in, make this list!).
    7. My favorite trips - to have a destination, but to wing-it all the way there.
    8. I really want to go back to Hawaii and show my family the beauty of the Islands in a way many have not seen.
    9. I count my blessings and watch for miracles every day.
    10. Between a be-er and a do-er... deep down, I am a be-er.
    Thanks Kathy, number 8 emerged as a surprise and I am so happy it came out :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you check on www.widowsphere.blogspot.com to the April posts on blogging A-Z, you'll find 25 things about me.

    I think I'll do 10 people I'd like to have lunch with. How about 10 books I wish I'd written? 10 memorable places I've visited? 10 places I still want to go

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't swim either and you could probably say I'm afraid of water.

    Are you a little on the OCD side?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I must confess, I too am a list maker. Which has recently spread into obsessive spreadsheets. I need help, really...

    Ok, I'll jump on board with one thing you didn't know about me. I know every word of the musical Oklahoma by heart, and have for years. It's a very strange thing for someone of my age lol, but I love it, what can I say!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the comments. Isn't it strange that we might feel like we are making a real confession just to reveal some trivia that doesn't seem much of a big deal. All the words to Oklahoma, and I DO like that "10 Books I wish I'd written"
    Checked out widowsphere as well...so now we all know more than we did before!

    ReplyDelete

TWEET THIS BLOG

Blog Archive